Sunday, April 10, 2011

4.10.11

Sitting in the prayer room tonight, I was having a really hard time reading my bible. I felt dull. My eyes were going over the words, but nothing was hitting my heart. I couldn't get anything from the words. Sitting there, I put my bible to the side (maybe I'll connect through the worship... ). Nothing. I couldn't worship, I couldn't read, I couldn't even pray. So frustrated with myself, I begin to journal.

"Holy Spirit, help me. I need you. Give me hunger for you, for your word. Open my eyes to the wonderful things in the bible. I can't do anything without you." 


I set down my journal as the set ended and the next worship team came up. They started off with 'Your Love is Extravagant'. Just a little into it, I began to feel the presence of Holy Spirit and tears started rolling down my face. I didn't even know exactly why I was crying, but Holy Spirit had heard me and He was answering my prayer! After a few moments, I started thanking Him for listening to me and caring for me and tenderizing my heart. For the next half hour I simply rested in His love. My tears were prayers, a love offering to the Lord. He is a good dad.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like!

Janay Marie said...

I love you Claire-Bear!!! <3