Sunday, April 3, 2011

4.3.11

Yesterday, I asked the Lord to wake me up half an hour before my alarm so as to ensure time to read the bible before cleaning my apartment and other chores on my to-do list. Sure enough, at 9:31 am, I wake up. Okay, Lord, you did your part. Now I've got to do mine. Out of bed I go. I grab my bible and journal and head to the living room, making a quick pit-stop in the kitchen to start the coffee. For some reason, I decide to flip back to the Psalms and read the longest chapter in the bible (thank you, bible trivia quizzes and Blake), Psalm 119.

Coffee is done. Mug in hand, I begin to read. The words are coming off the page, going deep into my heart. I am stunned. I want to run to the other room and wake up my roommates to read to them! God's word is alive, and it is absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Holy Spirit for your word. Thanks for opening my eyes to see the wondrous things from your law. (psalm 119:18)

No comments: