Wednesday, March 16, 2011

masterpiece

My Aunt Beth is a cooking genius. She is an artist in the kitchen. Each dish is unique, every recipe is a distinct masterpiece.

Yesterday I was prophesied over by one of the prophecy teams here at IHOP. They prophecy edification, encouragement and comfort (1 Corinthians 14:3). The catch phrase here is "no dates, mates or babies" (haha!). So one of the prophetic words they spoke over me was, "Like when a chef goes into a kitchen to cook without using a recipe and he says, 'I'm just going to create something today.' Like that, the Lord calls me His creation, His beautiful creation. And when the chef finishes making the meal, he calls people over to come and taste it and they all say, 'This is good.' And when the Lord created you, He said 'This is good.'"

As I was talking to the Lord about what that meant and what else He wanted to say to me, He brought up my Aunt Beth. When she cooks a delicious meal, those who eat it don't say, "Wow, soup, you really did a good job sitting on the stove." "Bread, you really are special! Good job seasoning yourself." No. Those who taste the good cooking honor the cook or the chef.

Me, my life, myself, my work, my heart, my attitude is meant to point everyone to the Lord. To God be the glory!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good" Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!