Wednesday, March 2, 2011

fear


I was asking the Lord for conviction in my heart and walk. He revealed to me (among other things) my fear of man and seeking man’s approval above God’s. As I repented, God brought to my mind facebook. For me, facebook is a big deal. I feel this need to check to see what other people say about me (or my internet-profiled-self). “Yes, 8 new notifications! I feel so loved!” With out realizing it, I get sucked into that attitude. What is my view of myself that when people “like” my picture or my status, I am satisfied; when others approve of the portrayal of my life, I am happy? Abba, free me from the fear of man. 

“The fear of the LORD is beginning of wisdom” (psalm 111:10) Whew! That book, what’s it called? Oh yeah, the Bible. Well, it’s got some real good stuff in it. 

So, I am praying that I will live in the fear of the Lord. To start to walk it out, I decided to commit to one year off of facebook. I’m excited to see what God does in me in this time of seeking to fear the Lord and not man. Holy Spirit, give me grace; Helper, help me! Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you!
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Claire. This is so awesome that you taking a leap of faith and sharing that you have a Fear of Men. We all have this and some point and some of us choose to ignore it. But here you are choosing to embrace it and changing to overcome it. I truly believe that this will inspire many to do the same and it would be all because you stepped out and shared it to your friends. You are seriously a women of God and I see you shine brighter and brighter everyday. And He defiantly wants to take you deeper into His word. I know He is just looking down and this post and smiling because His beloved actually listened to Him.

You truly are amazing and I love you very very much. I'm so glad I get to see your beautiful face for the next 4 months :) You make me soo happyyy.. K byieee