Tuesday, February 8, 2011

nothing but the blood.

“Jesus came to offer an incredible trade--beauty for ashes. God looks at the ashes nobody wants and says, ‘Don’t throw them away! I want them! Give them to Me and I will give My beauty in exchange for the useless mess into which their lives have devolved.’ God Himself is the alternate reality for those who are broken and beaten down. In the revelation of His Son, Jesus, a way is made for people to find joy and the fulfillment of their heart’s longing. Their lives can be changed through progressive encounters with the beauty of God as seen in the face of Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:6).”
(Mike Bickle, Seven Longings of the Human Heart)

The understanding of the beauty and worthiness of Jesus and the depth of my sin is changing me. For real. I am nothing without Jesus. Nuh-thing. But because I am redeemed, God calls me beautiful; He sees me as worthy. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?


Yes, worthy. I am worthy, I am clean, I am pure, I am beautiful. But only, only, ONLY, by the blood of the Lamb.

No comments: