Friday, December 30, 2011

an evening walk with Dad


the other evening, i got home from work and went on a walk with my Lord. i bundled up and headed out. the sun was already going down, so i headed west to enjoy the show. man, it was beautiful. i was moved to tears with the kindness of my heavenly Dad. He loves me perfectly; He knows all that i need.

i was just talking with Him during our walk. He was showing me that it's not that He just loves His other children. He doesn't just care for them and not me. He sees me, knows me. He knows the absolute best way to lead me. God's son is Jesus and yet He takes the time to think about little, sinful, selfish me! He was telling me how precious i am to Him.

and then i started meditating on who God is. wow, what a glorious thing. He doesn't have a starting point; there has never been a time when God wasn't. hmmmm. what the heck. 

"so, why did you make me?" i asked. "when you knew the pain i would cause you in my sin, you knew i wouldn't be faithful to you, you still made this world, you still made me... why?" 

because I wanted to; because I wanted you.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh! what? no way. well, let's see. is that really biblical?

You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; 
for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.
Revelation 4:11

well, it's right there. okay, Lord, i believe you. but help me understand. i just don't get it.

I wanted you to know Me, my love, my beauty, my holiness, my kindness. I wanted to bring you into the glory that I have. I am altogether good. I wanted you to rejoice with Me.

wow. what an honor! my God, my King, my Lord, my Love. You are worthy of everything i have, all that i am. may my life be an offering of love poured out. would You be glorified by the way i live, the way i speak, how i spend my time and my money. be glorified in my heart. 

I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together. 
I sought the LORD, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
psalm 34:1-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Praise God!!